Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Things Don't Always Go As Planned

Actually it seems like life never goes as planned.  Yesterday after I tried to jog to my car and was reminded that I am still healing from a pretty major surgery.  So for the rest of the day I was going to "take it easy".  I took a 2 hour nap, then when Hailee got home from school I had to take her to piano lessons.  Not a difficult task... normally.  Again we get shoes on everyone and into their car seats.  Because this is quite a challenge, Hailee does the majority of our little task.  We decided to all stay at the Erickson's house while Hailee had her lesson, then I wouldn't have to unload and load all the kids again.  Good times, I sat on the porch while they played.  Then Hailee helped get all the kids back in the truck and home we go.  Then I remember, I have an auxiliary training meeting that I need to go to.  Damon isn't home so I make a simple dinner, pancakes, sitter arranged and off to the stake center to meet with my presidency, to carpool together down town.  Here is where my day changes from "take it easy" to "walk a lot".  NOT a good idea.  The training was good and I'm glad we went (even if we did show up 20min. late.  We thought it started at 7, not 6:30pm).  So that is where I again had to remind myself "TAKE IT EASY".  I just wanted to sleep.   My little Phoenix decided otherwise.  She wanted some company, so we brought her into bed with us.  Not such an unusual thing, well until she threw up all over.  Luckily neither Damon nor I were asleep, we moved just in time, but our pillows were not so lucky.   We throw everything into the washer and relocated Phoenix to her crib and we moved to the spare room.  Just as we are about to fall asleep, again we hear our little one.  Change out her bedding and now we are down for the night.  So much for a restful night, it was 2:30am before I got to sleep.

Today has been a very "take it easy" day.  To tell you the truth, I didn't even get dressed until 2pm, and really that was only half-hearted.  But let's be serious... I have 4 children, who need my help, plus my house is seriously looking like a tornado hit.  I can't stand it any more.  I sweep the kitchen, Blake helps with the dustpan.  Hailee unloads and loads the dishwasher.  I make an easy spaghetti dinner.  I really need to sit and i want to cry.  Where is my husband?  Why do I still hurt?  How am I supposed to be a mom when I can't do the simplest task (like my bra- no I'm not wearing one and yes it is almost 7pm).  The kids are fighting, the living room is full of laundry, there are toys everywhere.  uuugh! But right now I am sitting on the couch, typing, because I do as I'm told, I'm taking it easy--- just as I planned.  Some things have to go as planned right?

No comments:

Post a Comment