Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Don't you hate when you forget.

Today I decided that I can do most of my normal routine.  Kids bathed and breakfast, dressed then play.  I would do a few "easy" chores, then drop the little girls off at a neighbors and take Blake to speech school (my first real errand, by myself, since having surgery), then take it easy the rest of the day.
I guess I forgot how long it takes kids to get their shoes on, or even find them for that matter.  Plus with only having 1 good arm, it makes for a bit of a challenge.  So now we're running late on a simple morning.  I hurry and drop the kids off and run & jump in the car to try and make it to school on time.  Let's just say it was a bad idea to run, an even worse idea to jump off the bottom step of their porch.  It only took 1 step before I was reminded that I had surgery not only on my shoulder.  Stupid idea Jen, remember what everyone has been telling you... "take it easy".  It can be hard to remember not to do certain things when you aren't in constant pain.
We'll I guess I will continue on with my day as planned.  I am going to take a nap with the kiddies, then be lazy the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment