Friday, March 18, 2011

The Life of a Mother

At times I think life is hard.  I cook and clean just so I can do it again tomorrow.  The laundry and dishes never seem to end, the toys are never put away, the weeds are never pulled, the windows rarely washed.  I can never keep up and just when I think I'm almost there, something else it put on my plate.  I try to be a good mother, wife, friend, neighbor, leader... but when it comes down to it, I always fall a little short.

Then I take a moment... sit down and rest (which I have done a lot lately).  Ponder what is really important in life.  I have a wonderful husband who will be mine for eternity.  He loves me for me, no matter if I fall a little short.  He loves me enough to do anything for me (even help me go to the bathroom when I am broken).  I feel like the luckiest woman alive.   I want to be a better woman not only for me, but for Damon.

I have 4 beautiful children that truly make me happy.  I get to help Hailee with homework, piano, and reading. I get to help Blake with his speech, letters and numbers. I get to help Ryann learn her shapes, colors and of course playing games. I get to help Phoenix walk down the stairs and onto her favorite rocking horse.  Sure there are the not so fun things to teach, like potty training and to not pick mommy's flowers.  But what about the little dirty hands, the happy ice cream faces, the sweet little toes I get to wash in the tub.  These little "frustrations" will grow up soon, they will have lives of their own, and move away one day.  I can't let a single moment pass without making it special. 

I have some of the best friends a girl could ask for.  Especially of late, I realize how wonderful they are.  I have had friends wash my dishes, do my laundry, bathe my children, even do my hair.  They let me cry on their shoulders and they bring me treats when I am down.  They make dinner for my family and play with the kids when I need a break.  I truly believe that friends make life great.  I hope I can be the same kind of friend that they are to me.

Right now in my life I feel so blessed.  I don't necessarily want to say the luckiest, but definitely one of the most blessed.  When I think of the world around us, there is so much devastation and tragedy, so much sadness.  But for me, my little world couldn't be much better.  I am happy.  It is not the things in life that make us happy, it is the people.  I want to thank each of you for making my life great.

1 comment:

  1. You are a great Mom and a great example! It is good to remember all the things we do get done and not always dwelling on the things we don't! Love ya

    ReplyDelete