Monday, March 28, 2011

Blake Turns 5!

It simply amazes me how fast kids grow, or shall I say grow out of their clothes.  Blake needs all new pants.  I think every single pair is either too short or has holes in the knees.  But no matter, I am so happy for my Blake.  He turned 5, so he got to have a friend birthday party (these only come around every few years).  Sunday was his actual birthday so Daddy "attempted" to make it fun, he made blue German pancakes.  They tasted okay, but it was hard to eat them because they looked like cooked play-dough.

Then Daddy made a delicious cake for after dinner.  Even if you don't have a "party" on your birthday, you still have to party and have cake.  While waiting at the table...
Ryann, Blake, & Hailee

Chocolate swirl cake on his birthday (Mar. 20)
 Then for his party the following Friday.  The kids played games, had a pinata (which was by far the favorite of the afternoon), had hot dogs for dinner, cake and ice cream, and of course presents (Blake's favorite).
Blake trying to hit the moving target.

Damon Kept moving the pinata, so they wouldn't get a good swing and accidentally hit him.


"Hailee, don't hit yourself"

This was fun to make. Amanda- tell your friend thanks for the idea.


Fred, Phoenix, Ryann, Blake, Dakota

Freddy, Joe, Ian, Mason, Blake, Lincoln, Hailee

Kaycee, Hailee, Ryann, Bo, Joe, Fred, Ian, Blake, Lincoln, Mason, Dakota
Did you see?  The holes in Blake's jeans.  I guess that is what we should have got him for his birthday.  Either way, I'm glad he had a great time with all his friends.  Happy Birthday my little Bloke-man, I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment