Wednesday, March 23, 2011

My Beautiful Example

Much has happened in the last week and I'm sure it will take me a bit to catch up.  But for today, I will share the example of my beautiful Hailee. 
She has been growing her hair for as long as I can remember, probably longer than she can remember.  "I want my hair to be as long as Tiana's", she would always say.  Then a few months ago she told me that she wanted to cut her hair, maybe she could donate it to someone who needs it. 
Also, for as long as I can remember, my little Hailee wanted to have her hair french-braided into a crown for her baptism.  We decided that we would wait and decide then if she would cut her hair.
Morning of her baptism: hair french-braided as requested,
with her new scriptures from mom and dad.
Well during the "waiting" time to cut her hair, our neighbor, a friend, Izzy Abernethy, was diagnosed with cancer.  Izzy is only 4, she has been sick for awhile with treatments and she even lost her hair (she is so cute with her little peach fuzz).  Hailee could only think of one thing.  After her baptism, she would have her hair cut and donated to Locks of Love, (who helps children who have lost their hair to illness).  She could hardly wait to help little girls like Izzy.  
After a sleepover with a friend, still not brushed.

So excited, yet so nervous.

The longest hair cut is 18in.

Cute hair, funny smerk.

Let's just say, she will be needing a lot less shampoo.  I love her haircut and I think she does too.  She flips her hair constantly and loves looking in the mirror to admire her new look.  The only bad thing, is it makes my baby look so grown up.  But truly she is growing up, growing up an example to all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment