Thursday, December 22, 2011

Done, Done, and Done.

So many projects and I'm finally done.  It seems like I have been doing some sort of Christmas project since Halloween.  I finished all my baking and most of them have been delivered.  Then I finished my job charts for the kids (which is really a present for me), I finished the coat I made for my niece, Kenzy, and I finally finished all 4 dresses for my girls and Kenzy.  Best part is, I have days left until Christmas, yep 2 days to relax.  Okay, lets be realistic, I have to clean  the house and get ready to go to Manti and to have visitors on Sunday.  here are the finished projects, I will post pics of the girls in their dresses after they open them.

Job Charts:
!st I drew cute pictures to represent each chore (each kid gets a laundry basket, toys, bed and reading, then all the others rotate), then I glued on flat, glass rocks with E6000 glue.

I use pizza pans and a fancy cricut with vinyl, then cut out and mod podged the backs of each rock.

Then I added magnets to the back of each, and picked who gets which chores (this will change regularly), and then added a ribbon.  Are you jealous now Ann?

Coat for Kenzy, just to Grandma specifications: 
Fleece lined pea coat, perfect for Sundays.
(My model Ryann decided she wants one too, maybe for Easter.) 

Dresses:
Ryann tried on Kenzy's dress.  She doesn't know that she's getting one too.  It's nice having a model that is the same size.  Kenzy's has more gathering than the other 3, you'll see theirs after Christmas.
Word to the wise... if you are going to make 4 dresses in time for Christmas.  Save yourself some time and frustration.  Don't make your own patterns.  Ugh, what a headache, but at least they are cute.

And just so you know, I finished all this earlier.  My computer wasn't cooperating for me to post and now I can't sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment