Sunday, April 22, 2012

I Shouldn't Laugh

We went to drop some things off at the neighbors and go for a family walk tonight.  While visiting with a couple of the neighbors, Blake introduced "Baby Quack Quack" to their ducks.

They got a bit too close, leaned in, Blake lost his balance, and fell in the pond head first.  They were completely submerged.  He was climbing out before Damon or I could get to him. 
You can tell we are good parents... Damon got the camera out before we checked if he was okay.
"Smile Blake."
After a few tears and a bunch of laughs...

We rescued Baby Quack Quack.

Reunited and saturated.

No worries.  They were both okay.  Blake got dried off, changed, and even got a ride in the Ranger.


PS... I had a discussion with my sister-in-law about blogs.  We are both terrible at keeping up our individual blogs.  I do a great job for a short while, then life gets busy and the blog goes to the back burner.  We decided to try and post in our blogs once or twice a week.  I know I can't maintain a post everyday, but 1 or 2 a week is completely doable.  Plus now I have a bunch of stuff that has been happening to keep me in posts for awhile.

3 comments:

  1. Holy cow that is funny. I was all alone in the living room laughing out loud at 11:30 at night when I saw the picture of Blake soaking wet. He looked so funny. It's sad but funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the stuff blogs are made of. (ok I'm off to update my blog right now.)

    ReplyDelete