Thursday, December 15, 2011

Gingerbread... Stuff.

One of my favorite traditions at Christmas time is making gingerbread "stuff".  Usually this is a week long process.  We decided what we're going to build, then draw up plans, then make the gingerbread, then put up all the walls, then decorate, then finally we eat.  
Because this is such an involved process, I tend to just take over.  It becomes "my" project.  

2010 Gingerbread Nativity 



Also in 2010, we went to a Christmas party with friends and made a "favorite Christmas gift".
Both Damon and I got a Nintendo as kids. 

2009 Gingerbread house... with massive amounts of candy.

What's the point of just looking?  Delicious.

So for 2011, I decided to let the kids have all the fun. 
I put graham crackers together with frosting for houses, then turned them over to the kids.


2011 Graham cracker town 
They did a great job.  I bet they will be completely gone by the weekend.

Stay tuned for the upcoming friend party.  The graham cracker theme for this year is:  The 12 Days of Christmas.  Oh just wait, we have a great idea. 
   

1 comment:

  1. That is just too fun. I always want to do a ginger bread house, but never get around to it.

    ReplyDelete