Thursday, June 2, 2011

Phoenix's 1st Haircut/Memories

2 years ago when I was still prego with my little one.  My little Hailee said, "I want my little baby sister to have hair like me and Ryann". 
Well if you've seen my girls hair, they are nothing alike.  Hailee has thick straight hair, and Ryann has thin curly hair.
(Hailee- 6, Ryann- 14mo.)
So then Hailee decided, "If our baby can't have both our hair, then maybe she can have half straight hair and half curly hair."
Well she got her wish.  Phoenix's hair is straight in the front and on the top and curly in the back.  It's cute now, but I'm quite sure than when she is a teenager, she is going to hate her hair.  So today I decided to give our little Phinny her first hair cut.  Or shall we say I gave her bangs.


As you can see: half straight, half curly. 
I pull the top into piggy tails because it doesn't curl like the back.

So after cutting Phinny's hair, I started thinking back.
Back when I actually scrap-booked in a book...
 
I put Hailee's hair in curlers because it really has no curl on it's own.
Then I looked up pictures of each of the kids when they were Phinny's age.
Hailee when she was 2.

Blake on his 2nd birthday.  Doing "The Blake" in his new shoes with his favorite treat.

Ryann's 2nd Christmas with her new dolly.


Time just flies.  I need to treasure every moment, because before I know it, those moments will only be memories.








1 comment:

  1. Your kids are so cute. At least your kids had hair at two years old. Mary just started to get some wisps at that age.

    ReplyDelete