Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A bit of a rough week...

Sorry I haven't posted anything for a bit.  I had a Dr. appointment last week to discuss the CT scan of my shoulder.  It has been 12 weeks since I had my hip bone grafted into my collarbone.  The x-rays were all looking good, but they only give a 2D image.  So I had a CT scan and it didn't look so promising.  The hip bone is bridging to my collarbone, but there is still a gap in the collarbone itself. 
I have to cut back my workouts (again), not that I was really doing that much.  I can bike (some), run (some), and swim (a little), but no weights.  Okay, he said I can do a little weights, but very light and (some) reps.
Seriously??? I just want to be healed and be able to do what I want.  The worst part is I don't know what the next step is.  I have to go see a rheumatologist to find out about my circulation, and see if that correlates, but really the next step is time.  Time?  Really?  That's all your telling me?  It has been 10 months.  Bones heal in 6-8 weeks, so lets give it 3 months, not 10+ months.
So, for a couple of days I was really struggling.  I think I need a new hobby to keep myself busy.  Anyway, I am over the frustration for now, I'm sure I will have another moment of weakness, but for now... I continue on and make things better anyway I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment