Thursday, June 23, 2011

Keeping Busy

I said the other day that I needed a new hobby.  Well instead of a new hobby, I decided to work on an old hobby, or an old project at least.  Last year a friend of mine gave me a bunch of fabric and a pattern for a quilt.  I have quilted some before, but nothing like this.  I decided to make it for another friend for Christmas.  I finished the top within a reasonable amount of time, then gave it to a neighbor to quilt together in time for Christmas.  Well I didn't get it back for a number of months, then when I did, I didn't want to work on it (I no longer had the Christmas deadline).  So it sat.  I finally got it out this week and finally finished it, and man does it look awesome.  Merry Christmas Lacey.
Miss Ryann sitting on the newly finished quilt.

Close up of the cool quilting.  Love it.

Then a friend (the same friend that gave me the fabric for the quilt), Nicole asked me to help with a couple other projects.  Her daughter had a skirt that was a little too short, and she needed some help making some pioneer clothes for their upcoming trek.  Here is what I did.

Here is the skirt with the fabric to be added.

The finished skirt.

Close up of the cute flowers and the pattern of the fabric.

Here is the pioneer skirt, apron, and bonnet.


Close up of all three together.

Then after sewing these few projects I hemmed a pair of slacks for another neighbor and fixed a dress for a friend.  I really need to make this a little side business and earn a few extra bucks.  Anyone have any mending or sewing projects they need done?

No comments:

Post a Comment