Thursday, May 26, 2011

Rollercoaster Day

It seems like some days never go as planned. 
First thing in the morning, Hailee tells me she "threw up last night and doesn't feel well", Phoenix is cranky from the moment she wakes up, Ryann wet her pants already and it's not even 8am. 
Every time I would finish one chore and go on to the next, the kids were messing up what I just cleaned.  Then I would make them go and "play" and of course someone would come back crying.  Hailee still doesn't feel well, and then I find Phoenix like this:

At least she took to heart what Damon said the other day. 
"DON'T DRAW ON THE WALLS"
She just drew all over herself, in permanent marker.

I called my mom to watch the kids for the evening.  We dropped them off and went out on a much needed break.  I was still in a grumpy mood, but we went to the Jordan River Temple anyway.  I am so glad we did.  I really needed to be reminded that life is good.  We are truly blessed.  Sometimes life gets so busy that we forget what is truly important.  I am so grateful for the gospel and the opportunity to serve in the temple.
After a wonderful talk with my sweetheart, we decided to go out to dinner.  What a wonderful, very uncommon event.  Eating a quiet dinner just the two of us.  "I likes it!"

I took this picture of the Salt Lake Temple last fall

Then back to reality...
Some people are so stupid!
We go and pick up the kids, just to find out that my brother and his girlfriend had a "big fight".
We get in the truck and Blake says, "We saw Uncle Kevin beat up Mandy".
"What?" I thought this was a typical yelling and swearing type of fight.
"She elbowed him in the head, and he punched her in the back of the neck."
"I was so scared, I didn't know what to do."
Seriously, this is unacceptable.  So I called the police.  Yep, back to jail for Uncle Kevin.
"When did Uncle Kevin become a bad person?"
Then for 20 minutes, Damon explains that all people start out good, but by their actions they can turn bad.  Then sometimes their choices take control and it makes their decisions that much harder.

I love my children and don't ever want them to have to experience such things, but this is the world we live in.  I guess we just turn this into a learning experience.  Don't steal or you go to jail, don't hit people or you go to jail, don't do drugs or you go to jail.  The biggest thing we tried to remind them is that no matter what a person does, they can always make it right.  They can always become a better person.  That is why our Savior Jesus Christ came to this earth and atoned for our sins.  We can repent and be forgiven.

No comments:

Post a Comment