Thursday, May 19, 2011

Moab- Dumb Dog.

One of my favorite things is to be in nature.  I love the sights, sounds, and even the smells.  I love camping and hiking.  If it were warm all year, I would probably camp year round.  Too bad for cold weather.
I get cold so easy.  I don't know what happened to me.  I used to love to play in the snow.  Snowshoeing, snowboarding, sledding, you name it.  I even love the hot cocoa to follow.  But now, every time that I get the least bit cold,  I lose the color and feeling in all my fingers, how annoying.  Plus it takes forever to get warmed back up.
But no worries, the weather was awesome down in Moab this year.  Temps were in the 70's and 80's.  The sun was warm, and there was even a bit of cloud cover to keep us cool.  What more can one ask for, we have had the longest, wettest spring.  I do love that everything is green, but really, I'm ready for some camping weather.
So onto the details of our adventures.  The first day we ended up leaving late, of course we left late, we always leave late.  I should plan to leave 2 hours before I actually plan on leaving.  Then maybe we can get out of town "on time".
Anyway, after driving to Price, our half way mark, we stop for a potty break.  I go to let our pups out, when I find that Sadie is missing.  I guess she really had to go.  We called and looked all over, expecting she's close by.  Nope, she's lost.  We looked for a half an hour, but couldn't look much longer.  We had to check in at our camp site and it was already getting dark.  We would have to set up camp late.  On our way out of town, we called to leave our name and number in case she was found.
The kids were so sad... and so was Maddie.  She moped around the rest of the weekend.   
Blake had dropped some BBQ ribs on the ground, I scooped them up for her and she wouldn't even touch them.  Damon thinks maybe she felt guilty for pushing her sister out of the truck. hmmm?  Finally with Hailee's encouragement, she ate the delicious ribs.
 But no worries.  The next day we got a call from a guy in Price.  He had found her, took her home, fed her and called to help get her home safely.  Hooray!  He was even willing to keep her at his house, with his dogs, until we came back through Price on Sunday. 
Sunday evening we met up with the guy to pick up Sadie.  She was so scared.  I don't know if it was because she knew she had done something bad, or if it was because she was all sore.  She had hit her jaw and broke a tooth when she jumped out of the truck.  Her nails were all worn down from running on the asphalt, and she had a cut on one of her paws.  Dumb dog, maybe you shouldn't jump out of the back of a truck.  And especially don't go off playing in the canals when we are leaving.
Now that she is home with her sister, she seems just fine.  Maybe, we'll have to do better to keep an eye on her whenever we stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment