Saturday, May 21, 2011

Moab- 4x4 Wheeling

One of Damon's favorite things about going to Moab is all the cool places to drive.  Especially if it's a challenge.  In previous years we have mostly driven on the same few trails; Fins and Things, Hell's Revenge and all around Sand Flats Rd.  This year we decided to do some different trails.
We drove all 3 trucks on the Chicken Corners trail and over Hurrah Pass.  This was real difficult because we were taking our transport vehicles that we needed to drive home, but it had some really great sites.
I really liked this trail because I got to drive Jared's wheeling truck.  I guess I have more experience than the other ladies.  It pays to drive a big truck on a daily basis.



Taking pictures on the opposite sides of a cliff.


Maybe someday I'll learn to take better panorama's.
Oh well, it's still a beautiful view from Hurrah Pass. 

The next day Damon, Jared, and Maria took the wheeling truck on the Poison Spider Trail (much more difficult).  Damon took a bunch of pictures and videos, but they really don't give the views or terrain much justice.
I don't think Damon should play camera man and spotter at the same time.


 This place just keeps going and going...

Arch at top of Poison Spider Mesa.

Views from the top of the arch.

Because I didn't get to go on this ride, Damon took a picture of some flowers for me.
I think he likes me.

The Wedgie, much more steep than it looks. 
Damon put the camera on the ground and Jared drove over the top of it.

Views from below, looking up at Poison Spider Mesa and the arch Damon was standing on.

No comments:

Post a Comment