Friday, November 18, 2011

Reasons for My Absense

A couple of months ago I posted, "Only boring people get bored".
Let's just say that I have not been bored, I have been very busy.  I have been working on a bunch of projects... sewing, cooking, crafting, etc.  I haven't taken the time lately to post, because I knew I would be having down time after having another shoulder surgery.  Don't worry, this is a good thing. 

Damon started his new job at Sun Products on September 19th.  Thus far, this has been an awesome decision for our family.  Well for a couple of weeks our medical insurance was double covered (through Serta and Sun).  So we decided to take advantage of the opportunity to have another CT done on my clavicle.  I was supposed to see the Dr in October anyway, so we figured we might as well move it up a couple of weeks.  Well good news, finally.  It is healing.  Next step is to have the screws removed that are really causing me grief.
Well the Dr said that my CT looked so good, that since we were going in to the OR, we might as well take it all out.  I have to admit, it scared me a little.  All that hardware is holding me together, I quite possibly will fall apart.  So surgery scheduled for Nov. 17th.  Yep, yesterday.  I had 6 weeks to get as many of my projects done.  Now I get to sit around and catch up all my postings.
I guess I will start with my surgery details, then I'll go back to when I left off in September.
We took the kiddies down to Manti on Wednesday to spend the weekend with Grandma Pearson, which is awesome to have a quiet house to get some rest.  Then we had to be at the hospital at 7:30am on Thursday.  Here are a couple of pre-op pics.
These pics don't really give this justice.  That hardware sticks out like crazy.
Anyway, surgery went great.  The bone was healing so well, that he actually trimmed some of the bone down where the bone graft was.  And here are my souvenirs.

8 screws and the fancy plate.  There was 1 other screw that he left, it was pretty much covered and it wasn't causing any problems.  Hopefully I'll have another x-ray taken at my post-op appointment next Tue. to show off. 
As for today, I am feeling great.  Some pain, but that is expected.  I have no desire to eat, I have to make myself eat simple foods, so I don't get nauseated.  We will call this "3rd times the charm".  No more surgeries for me. 

Keep checking back, I'll be posting all my random projects.

2 comments: