Saturday, November 19, 2011

Intro to Pinterest and Ryann's 4th Birthday

I was on Facebook one day when I noticed a friend mention something about pinterest.
What the heck is pinterest?  "An online pin board... something, something, something."
I don't have time for more Internet wastes of time.
I put it off for as long as I could, then one day, I had a bored moment.  I looked it up.
Tons of really great ideas... sewing, cooking, crafting, motivation, funny stuff...
I was hooked.  I am a very visual person, if I find a picture of something I like, I figure out how to do it.
This is one of the pictures that made me laugh out loud.

Well I started pinning... and making. 
Here is a cool picture I found on Pinterest.
Except I hate tons of frosting.  I want a bit of frosting with my cake, not a bit of cake with my frosting.  So here's what I came up with.  (I really need to learn to make some good  cream cheese frosting though.  It tasted good, but it's consistency needs some help.)

Cake mix, divided into 6 containers, then colored.
Bake 6 thin, round cakes.  Layer.  Frost.
Add candles, light, sing.
Cut, take a picture, and serve.
MMM.  Delicious and it looks pretty good too.

So for presents...  Ryann loves playing in her closet.  "This is my dressing room."  So we looked for quite awhile to find a real "dressing room".  We found this baby on KSL for FREE.  Perfect price and she loved it, and still does.  
(The best part is when she's done with it, I'm going to reuse it for another awesome project.)

Here's her wrapped present.   Brown paper package tied up with string.

A Dora backpack.  The thing barely gets put down.
Happy Birthday Miss Ryann.  We love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment