Tuesday, August 16, 2011

We Truly Are Rednecks

A couple of friends invited us to go to a "Redneck Wine and Cheese" party in a few weeks.  Of course appropriate outfits will be required.  Plus there will be prizes for the best interpretation of "wine" and best costumes.  I must start planning. 
Actually, there will be no planning needed.  Have you met my husband?
We went to his family reunion down in Manti and it made me think of all the things that prove, we already are rednecks.
Like when we decided to dig a hole in the back lawn, for a fire pit.  (We put the grass and dirt on a tarp so we could put it back when we were done and we even had the hose handy.)
Or like the part where we cut down 2 dead trees in the front yard for firewood.

Then we drove our truck on the lawn to take a family photo.
(check out the 1/2 a truck and the 1/2 a shed in the background)

Then we let the kids play on the home made playground.  Which Blake immediately fell off of and cut his head open.  Oh don't worry, I used one of the girls tiny hair elastics to hold the cut together.  Who needs stitches?  I heard that in the old days, they tied hair together in situations like this.  

Let's just say, when it comes time for our friends party, there will be no need for acting.  But I definitely don't want to go empty handed, so here is our Christmas card that I will be passing out. 
I'll probably be sending them out to family and friends soon too. 



1 comment:

  1. I *love* it! You guys rock! I wouldn't mind one of those cards if you feel so inclined.

    ReplyDelete