Tuesday, August 16, 2011

New Owners of 4 Diesel Engines

Sometimes I really wonder about the man I married...
While at girls camp he mentioned that he was going to bid on a set of old diesel engines.
"Okay, you do that"  He never really gets anything, so I wasn't worried.
When I got home from girls camp, he informed me that he was going to take a day off work, to drive to Colorado, to pick up the 4 engines that he bought.  REALLY?
Yep, I now have 4 hummer engines, and I don't have a single hummer.
He says he will put one in our wheeling blazer, then sell the others, if they work.
IF THEY WORK?

But he is so proud of his great find. 




Damon was playing with his new "toys" when he was supposed to be babysitting the kids while I was at a meeting.  Here is what the kids were actually doing.
Ryann in her tutu pushing Phoenix in the stroller.
Blake riding his dump truck with a blanket cape and safety glasses.

Ryann and Hailee's self portraits. 

Phoenix standing way too close to the street.

But don't worry folks... he got one of the engines started.
 
(for a better video, go here)

I know that one day I will appreciate all his harebrained ideas, but right now, I'm still not sure.
I guess I do have to give him some credit, he started the stupid thing while it is still in the can it came in.  That's pretty impressive.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! He actually got them! I was at your house the day he had Denise bid on them.

    ReplyDelete