Thursday, April 7, 2011

Spring Cleaning

I love moving.  I am a little jealous of my brother and his family, they moved this last weekend.  Okay maybe I wouldn't like the move itself.  Moving is hard work, but you get to go through all your junk and decided which of your junk gets to make the cut.  I think if I were to move right now, I would have a sale.  Put price tags on everything, and start fresh.  Do we really need furniture anyway?  When Damon and I moved from our first apartment to our second apartment, our living room furniture consisted of 2 camp chairs and a cooler as our end table (which had all been give to us for our wedding).  Okay maybe I wouldn't sell everything- I really like my living room furniture, but I do think we all need a little de-junking now and then.  I guess that is why we have spring cleaning.
The last six months have been bad for the cleanliness of our house.  Ever since I wrecked on my bike, I have barely been able to keep up with the regular chores (with the help of some great friends and neighbors), but the deep cleaning has definitely been pushed to the back burner.  So I called in the experts, my sister-in-laws, Rose and Denise.  This week is spring break for them so they didn't have their regular school schedules.  They so willingly came, clean, and rearranged my junk.  These ladies are amazing.  We took down the crib, moved all the other beds into different rooms, cleaned out closets and even washed the walls and baseboards before putting the furniture back.  Bonus: all the kids are so excited they have a different bed to sleep in.  Now all I have to do is go through and sort all the leftovers, but the best part is that they made is so convenient to do so.  I already went through the little girls clothes, putting away the too little ones and pulling out the next sizes.  Also, I sorted all my fabric and sewing stuff.  I have to say I love spring cleaning. 
After sorting the fabric totes I decided to take a break and check on my napping girls...

I guess it will take a little while for Phoenix to get used to her new bed.  Oh well, at least she's napping. 

No comments:

Post a Comment