Friday, April 22, 2011

Let's Celebrate & A New Goal

For some, this may not be a day for celebrating, but for me, it surely is.  I went to the Dr. today for a post-op check up, and my xrays look great.  Better than they have since I first wrecked on my bike.  It has been almost 8 months and I am seriously ready to be healed.  Now I get to do all the physical therapy, again.
Aug. 31, 2010- happy birthday to me


Sept. 7, 2010- 1 week post-op

Mar. 15, 2011- 1 week post-op (second surgery)

April 22, 2011- see the new bone growth under the 2 screws- YEAH!
The last couple of months I have given into my sweet tooth and I think I am ready to "get back on the bike".  Okay, I guess not on "my bike", I'm not allowed yet, but I really need to give up some of the sugar. 
I'll wait until Monday- I can't start right before Easter- Don't be ridiculous. 
I will make a goal, then if I have to report, maybe I'll actually do it this time. 
My goal will be:  1)eat healthy- and normal portions, 2)drink plenty of water, and 3)get some sort of exercise each day.  Then I can reward myself with 1 small treat each day.  This should not be a problem for me- but sadly it is. 
8 months ago I was on my way to a really strong and healthy body.  Now I am not so strong and not so healthy.  I'm soft- I don't want to be soft.  I will get back in shape for the summer.  I just need to remind myself when the treats are in front of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment