Thursday, April 14, 2011

Olive Garden Copycat

I had a few people request my Olive Garden soup, salad, and bread stick recipes, but just so you know- I am terrible at giving recipes.  I really have nothing against sharing, it's just that I don't really follow recipes, I just add a little of this and a little of that.  So if you really need specific amounts and measurements- you're out of luck.  I have made them all a number of times and adjusted them to what my family likes. So this may just be a baseline and you can make them the way you like.  Enjoy!

<><>
Olive Garden Recipes- copycat
"All you can eat- soup, salad, and bread sticks... anytime"
Bread Sticks-
2 C warm waterTopping- use before and after baking
2T yeastMelted butter
2T butterSalt
2T sugarGarlic powder
1T saltOregano
4-5 C flour
In kitchenaid add all ingredients until dough cleans the sides of the bowl.  If it sticks, gradually add more flour.
Knead for 8 minutes.  Let rise.  Punch down- roll into 24 bread sticks.  Add topping, let rise again.
Bake 350 for 10-12 minutes (my oven sucks, so your time may be different?)  Add topping again.
Salad-
1/2 romaine, 1/2 leaf lettuce
Thin slices purple onion
Roma tomato wedges
Olives
Croutons
Grated parmesan cheese
Toss all with Zesty Italian dressing
Zuppa Toscano-
(potato sausage soup)
1lb italian sausage- a bit spicy is better for flavor
2 cloves garlic
1/2 onion diced
Oregano
Potatoes sliced then halved (D)
Chicken broth- enough to barely cover the potatoes
1/2 and 1/2 or cream
2 C kale or swiss chard- my kids are lame so I leave this out.
Brown sausage, add onions, garlic, oregano.   Add potatoes and enough chicken broth to cover them.
Boil until potatoes are soft, then add kale or swiss chard, then half and half.  Simmer for a few minutes- serve.
Minestrone-
1lb browned hamburgerSeason to taste-
Chicken brothSalt
Tomato juicePepper
Carrots- slicesGarlic
Celery- slicesOregano
Onion- dicedBasil
Can kidney beansThyme
Cabbage- choppedParsley
Mini pasta- I don't know what it is called- short macaroni noodles?
Zucchini- depends on how much the kids complain.
Brown hamburger- season as you like.  Add everything except zucchini.  Boil until veggies are soft.
Add zucchini last or it will get soggy.  Cook until tender- Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment