Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me.

One of the best birthdays.
Last year was a bit rough... if you remember, I wrecked on my bicycle 3 days before my birthday, then I didn't have surgery until 2 days after.  Let's just say I was in a little bit of pain.

This year my sweetheart did his best to make up for it.  He took the kids shopping for me, I got to tag along to make the final decision.  Super cute new outfit, shampoo and conditioner, and new headphones for my ipod.  Then on my birthday, I had more birthday wishes than I could even count.  My hubby had arranged for sitters for the kids, and we headed out for the evening. 
We went out to dinner with some awesome friends (Lacey, Rob, Tiff, and Drew) to Tepanyaki, then to a Bee's baseball game.
I truly am lucky to have some of the best friends.  Thanks guys.

The wishes kept on coming.  Friday we went to the temple, then out to ice cream to celebrate again.  Saturday, we went hiking with the sisters and they made me an awesome cake.

I like this idea of celebrating my birthday for an entire week.

At the start of our hike we saw a baby rattle snake.  Run away, run away.

On the trail, taking rests.

Ahhh, cute picture.

On the trail again, silly kids playing.

Phoenix fell asleep, at the bridge.

Pretty sweet view on our way out, too bad the picture is dark.

Check out this awesome cake my sister-in-laws made... all edible: tent, truck, fire, trees, rocks.  And notice the dead snake wrapped around the bottom.
All representing my adventurous summer.

Who knew you could paint food coloring onto frosting?  Not me.

I rotated the cake stand while I blew out the candles,
pretty effective if I do say so myself.

Thanks again to all my amazing friends and family for an awesome birthday.



1 comment:

  1. I love the birthday cake Jen! So cute! Glad you had a great day... and much better than last year fo sho!

    ReplyDelete